Book written by de speaker: ReactJS Blueprints
Server-rendered Apps were previously known as isomorphic. Nowadays universal is a more common name, but still has a different meaning to different people. Proposal: shared.
Why server rendering?
- Page loading is too slow (less sales)
- Google Cache / Internet Archive
- User cannot run JS
- User uses old hardware
- User has a slow connection (mobile)
Demonstrates use of ReactDOMServer.renderToString.
- Reuse of frontend code
- Works when no JS on the frontend
- Complex server files
- Need to rely on a fetch method before render
- Relative slow due to lack of optimisations (like caching)
Improved solution: react-dom-stream
Demonstrates use of react-dom-stream.
Out of the box solution: fluxible.io